I’d have to say my favourite meal is a charcuterie board. I love a good grazing table. I probably won’t leave its side at a party. But I don’t love traditional boards because I’m vegetarian, so I have to get creative. I love seeing non vegans enjoy plant based foods, you know they say “omg I couldn’t even tell!” you know you did good.
I have created my ultimate cruelty free grazing table and detailed everything for you below!
My charcuterie board tips are:
- Divide your board into 2 or 3 sections depending on the size of the board.
- Fill each section with 1- 2 types of cheese, meat, and crackers (step one)
- Add one item at a time (for example add all the cheese first, then all the meat second, and so on)
- Once the main attractions are there, fill in the empty spaces with olives, chocolate, fruit (fresh and dried), nuts, etc. (there shouldn’t be any empty spots!)
- Add dimension by putting dips or olives in bowls
- Add pops of color with decorative flowers, dried herbs, and serving utensils.
For all you vegans out there and for those of you wanting to include more plant foods in your diet check out my vegan board below.
What to include?
- Plant-based Cheese -aim for at least 3 and select soft and hard varieties
- Dried and Fresh Fruit
- Nuts and Seeds
- Fresh and Pickled Vegetables
- Olives and Pickles
- Jams and Jellies
- Plant-based meats -avoid processed products if possible and choose a variety of products
- Dips and Spreads
- Crackers, Breads and Tortilla Chips
- Garnish with herbs or edible flowers
Check out these Canadian plant-based food producers (many are female owned!)