All it takes is 5 ingredients – figs, burrata cheese, arugula, bread, and honey to make this elevated af toast.
This recipe can be even easier and quicker by simply using fresh sliced figs drizzled in honey (eliminate the roasting). Don’t like or have honey? Drizzle with a blend of balsamic vinegar and olive oil instead. Don’t want the bread? Skip it and turn this recipe into a boujee arugula salad.
- Fresh baguette, sourdough bread, or any bread of choice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Black Mission fresh figs (or your fig of choice)
- Container of fresh burrata cheese (can substitute ricotta)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Slice bread into ½ inch slices.
- Toast bread in oven, on the grill, or in a toaster.
- Holding by the stem, slice each fig vertically into 4 pieces
- Brush each fig slice with honey and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Broil just until honey has melted and started to bubble (4-5 minutes).
- Top toast with arugula, burrata cheese and fig slices.
- Drizzle each with balsamic vinegar.
This recipe reminds me of European summers and turned out even better than I expected. Hope you enjoy!